Daily Archives: December 21, 2013
What to Consider as you Plan for Next Year
Early December is generally the time you start presenting PR plans for the next year. Pulling together a yearlong PR plan is a boatload of work. Last year, I pulled together some tips for planning for the New Year, but also found the below tidbits to be extremely helpful this year.
- Results of 2013. What worked/what didn’t work. Replicate and revamp tactics that worked.
- Next year’s trends. What’s going to be trendy next year? In food, fashion, beauty, art. Categories beyond just your clients.
- National holidays. Make note of those that your client should get involved in. Including national food and beverage holidays.
- Movie premieres. Look up movie premieres in 2014 and see if there’s anything your client can tie into.
- New social platforms. Thinking beyond just Twitter and Facebook – what are those other social platforms that are on the rise? More and more brands are joining Snapchat for example.
- Media you haven’t tapped. What media is your target audience reading/ watching. Where haven’t you been featured? Brainstorm ideas on how to be a part of these outlets.
- Brainstorm everywhere. The subway, in the shower, at the gym. Sometimes you come up with your greatest ideas out of the office.
What other factors do you consider when developing ideas for the new year?