Daily Archives: December 31, 2013
They say a picture is worth a thousand words, but for BlackAmericaWeb readers, photos are worth millions of clicks!
Check out the top 10 most clicked photo galleries of 2013. Which is your favorite?
Celebrities React to the Zimmerman Verdict Via Twitter
The world, including many well-known celebrities took to social media to voice their reactions to the “not guilty” verdict of George Zimmerman.
The Carter Family
Love ’em or hate ’em, no one can resist a sneak peek into the lives of power couple, Jay-Z and Beyonce.
Getting Better with Time
It’s true that black don’t crack! Check these celebs who are aging gracefully.
Celebrity transformations were a big hit on BAW this year. From Jennifer Hudson to Al Roker, check out these shrinking celebs.
#TomJoynerCruise: Fantastic Voyage Photos Via Social Media
The 2013 Tom Joyner Fantastic Voyage was a huge hit and cruisers lit up their…
View original post 178 more words
The world lost a selfless hero and visionary leader on December 5th, and now JET magazine is honoring his legacy.
According to a press release, a special commemorative issue for Nelson Mandela is available on newsstands now. The collectors item includes “exclusive images of Mandela, including photos of him with notable figures such as Whitney Houston, Muhammad Ali, and Michael Jackson; a timeline of key moments in Mandela’s life and career; and an outline of unsung heroes and corporations who supported Mandela and took a stand to end apartheid in South Africa.”
“The magazine will pay homage to Mandela through a unique collection of stories and photographs dedicated to memorializing an individual who changed the course of history,”…
View original post 67 more words
The new year is bringing a host of new laws taking effect in January or thereabouts. A look at some state and local laws that are making news:
ALCOHOL AND MARIJUANA
COLORADO, MAINE AND WASHINGTON: Colorado pot stores open Jan. 1 as retailers usher in the nation’s first legal recreational pot industry. Sales in Washington, which also legalized recreational marijuana, are expected to start later in the year. The laws still fly in the face of federal drug rules, but the federal government has said it’s not going to fight to shut down pot shops for now. A law legalizing recreational marijuana went into effect in early December in Portland, Maine, but it’s largely symbolic because the state has said it will continue to enforce its own ban.
ILLINOIS: It becomes the 20th state to legalize medical marijuana in a pilot project with some of the strictest standards in…
View original post 606 more words
10 Most Inspiring PR Woman Posts Of 2013
This year is coming to a close and in honor of its conclusion, I’ve compiled a list of posts I believe will inspire you to take those risks you’ve been meaning to take.
1. Worrying serves no purpose. Chase your dreams! Be Fearless: http://www.theprwoman.com/2013/01/04/befearless/
2. Interview those who inspire you! Interview – NYC PR Girls: http://www.theprwoman.com/2013/01/15/nycprgirls/
3. Build connections wherever you go! Social media is no exception. Four Steps To Building a Twitter Following: http://www.theprwoman.com/2013/02/28/4stepstobuildingatwitterfollowing/
4. Things don’t always go as planned…and that’s okay. Learning To Let Go: http://www.theprwoman.com/2013/03/06/learning-to-let-go/
5. Embrace yourself and your career choices. Invite the person you’re with to do the same. 10 Signs You’re Dating A PR: Woman: http://www.theprwoman.com/2013/04/24/10-signs-youre-dating-a-pr-woman/
6. Contemplate moving to a different state (or country) and don’t be afraid to change your mind. Moving To California Or Not: http://www.theprwoman.com/2013/04/18/moving-to-california-or-not/
7. Travel and take the time you need to reflect. Reflecting In London: http://www.theprwoman.com/2013/12/04/reflecting-in-london/
8. Get rid of what holds you back. Say goodbye to your comfort zone! The Demolition Of My Comfort Zone: http://www.theprwoman.com/2013/11/21/the-demolition-of-my-comfort-zone/
9. Acknowledge to the pull of your dreams. The Day I Quit My Job: http://www.theprwoman.com/2013/12/14/the-day-i-quit-my-job/
10. Create your own path. Do more of what makes you happy. Creating My Dream Job: http://www.theprwoman.com/2013/12/24/creating-my-dream-job/