Motivational Monday 1/6/2014
Welcome To 2014
This is the last Motivation Monday post of 2013 and I will keep it short and sweet. Around this time many people are creating their vision boards, writing their new year’s resolutions, or simply planning for 2014. I have yet to start any of that because I still have some unfinished business with 2013. So in order to prepare for 2014 I need to reflect on what took place in 2013. So here is how I set my goals for 2014. What I add to this list is based on my reflections, prayers, and conversations that I’ve had that have been enlightening. These categories are not particularly in any order of importance with the exception of the first four:
- Spiritual- my relationship with God as a Believer in Christ
- Relational- my relationships with people (family, friends, acquaintances, etc.)
- Financial- my relationship with money
- Health and Wellness- my relationship with my physical body
- Career- my next steps to move forward and my current responsibilities
- Educational- “learning begins at birth and ceases at death”- challenging myself intellectually
- Blog- my plans for the HGB brand
- Community Involvement- giving back to others- developing a spirit of generosity
- Character Building- How can I become a better me?
- Leisure/Self-Care- Doing things that I enjoy and that make me feel awesome!
So these are the areas of my life that I reflect on when developing goals for the new year and also when developing my vision board. I create a table and list a few bullet points for what I want to do throughout the year pertaining to those areas. Some categories can have somewhere between 3-5 bullet points, others may have one. I just depends on what I want to accomplish. I keep it posted near my night stand and jewelry board so I see it constantly.
How do you prepare for the new year?