Fly Friday 9/5 (on a Monday)!
Editor Obsessions: September
The start of September marks the unofficial beginning of fall—so naturally, we’re currently obsessing over all things autumn! Although we’re still waiting for cooler temperatures, we’re kicking off the season with some serious autumnal energy. And while we’re sporting these rich-hued accessories and adjusting our beauty routines, you’d better believe that we’re counting down the days for the chance to get completely cozy. Here’s what we’ll be obsessing over, from now through November (and beyond).
1. We can’t get enough oversized scarves when chilly weather emerges, and we adore these handmade ones. ($40)
2. Autumn means trading beachy sandals for a slightly more dramatic shoe. This quirky update to Aquazzura’s cult classic ($695) is just what our wardrobe needs—the fringe is perfect for fall!
3. Abby is loving plaid patterns: “This pretty shift dress ($69.99) is the perfect piece to add to my closet! Wear it now with a cute pair of flats and later this season with booties and a cardigan!”
4. With her move to New York City coming up, Carly is coveting this Rifle Paper Co. print ($40). “I’m getting so excited about decorating my new apartment! I love this Manhattan print for my future gallery wall!”
5. The beginning of fall—also known as back-to-school season—is all about looking polished. Choose a timeless accessory like Nixon’s Kensington Leather Watch ($125).
6. Chelsie is looking forward to taking this oxblood carry-all ($69.95) on weekend trips this month.
7. If you plan to hit the gym this month, Kara recommends adding Born Skincare’s The Source for Muscles ($35) to your post-workout routine. “For health and fitness fiends, this organic oil helps relieve achy muscles and joints.”
8. Embracing autumn doesn’t have to mean complete abandonment of beach-inspired outfits! Calypso St. Barth’s collection of luxurious cashmere and baby alpaca sweaters adds a touch of bohemian style to fall wardrobes. (Senso Spun Silk Sweater Poncho, $375)
9. If all the pumpkin spice latte hype has you craving something more interesting than water—but healthier than Starbucks—Kate recommends reaching for a Mamma Chia Vitality Beverage. The nutrition-packed drink makes for a great mid-afternoon or pre-workout snack!
10. Veteran make-up artist and industry ‘it’ girl Charlotte Tilbury has just launched her own line of cosmetics. We can’t wait to get our hands on these lipsticks ($32) in dark hues for fall (‘Night Crimson,’ anyone?)
11. Kaleigh makes Boscia part of her regular skincare routine, and she adores the Cool Blue Hydration Essence ($48). “Its cooling effect on the skin feels absolutely heavenly! Fellow dry-skinned ladies, this one is for you.”
12. Caitlin has her eye on Rebecca Atwood’s line of printed fabrics ($48 for a set). “They’re ideal for fall DIY projects!”
13. Thanks to Nate Berkus’ fall collection at Target, we’re already dreaming up some September redecorating plans! (Nate Berkus Faux Fur Stool, $54.99, in-store only)