Wellness Wednesday 1/13
“What’s In My Gym Bag” Series…..
Tone It Up Co-Founders Karena Dawn & Katrina Scott
We’re taking a peek inside our favorite health and fitness experts’ gym bags to uncover their must-have gear and favorite products.
Name: Karena Dawn, co-founder of Tone It Up
My workout: My favorite workout is a bike ride along the beach, a class at my local yoga studio, or a Tone It Up workout in my garage gym.
I like to be active each day. I’ll strength train and do cardio four days a week, yoga at least twice a week, and them have one active rest day that could include a morning walk to my favorite coffee shop.
What’s in my gym bag:
- Tully Lou pants: Love the cool, funky lines on these pants — and they’re super comfortable.
- Zara Terez sports bra: I like to work bright colors into my gear, like this bright blue bra. Loving my workout apparel gets me excited to work out.
- Nesh NYC Shirt: This top can be dressed up or down; you can throw it on over your workout gear and rock that “athleisure” look.
- Tweedz headphones: Every girl’s gotta have tunes when hitting a solid workout. I never leave home without one (or two!) pairs of headphones in my bag or purse.
- Timex watch: Having a good watch to keep time during my workouts is key. I also used this watch when I was training for some recent triathlons, so we’ve been through a lot together.
- Eyeko waterproof mascara: This stuff is “sport waterproof mascara.” Need I say more?
- Whish body butter: I love this body butter for how SOFT it makes my skin feel. It’s all-natural, packed with antioxidants, and smells amazing!
- Asics shoes: I love my Asics — the fit, the look, the feel. I do wear shoes from various brands, but Asics is my go-to.
- Coola sunscreen: Coola produces awesome organic sun-care products, with flavors like piña colada, green tea, and — YUM. It feels good knowing the product is super clean.
- Suja juice: I love quality, organic juices. It’s one of my staple on-the-go snacks.
- Core water: Core is a great, mineral-enhanced water option — and, of course, hydration is HUGE when working out. We advise our community to take water breaks during our workouts, and to remember to rehydrate often.
- Tone It Up mini bands: We love these bands, as they are easy to pack and take along with you when you travel. They make for a killer enhanced workout.
- Tone It Up socks: These socks are super comfy and have a great fit.
- Tone It Up hat: I wear a TON of hats when working out. If you look at the @karenakatrina Instagram account, I feel like in half the photos of me and Tone It Up co-founder Katrina Scott are of us working out outdoors (and not shooting), I’m wearing a hat. I love them!
- Perfect Fit Protein (vanilla): We love our Perfect Fit Protein — it’s organic, non-GMO, plant-based, and gluten-free. And it’s delicious! I mix mine in my shaker bottle with almond milk or water (depending on what I’ve got with me). Both taste great. Its the perfect pick-me-up for after my workouts.
- Perfect Fit multivitamins: This is a great multivitamin option for women, and is full of antioxidants.
- Perfect Fit Protein Ultimate Shaker bottle: I never leave home without this and my Perfect Fit Protein. It’s a quick, easy way to shake up a tasty recovery drink.
- Skunk (my dog!): Umm, probably my fave item in my bag! Skunk loves to travel around with her mama. She comes to the office with me daily!
Name: Katrina Scott, co-founder of Tone It Up
My workout: At the beach or at Equinox gym. My favorite is a long sand run or the stair mill at the gym.
I’m active at least five days a week. My favorite routine is a sweaty HIIT session on the stair mill followed by Tone It Up toning moves at the gym.
What’s in my gym bag:
- Tone It Up Blue Lagoon sports bra
- Pretty in Pixel tank
- Pretty in Pixel pant: We launched our very own Tone It Up apparel collection earlier this year and I’m still pinching myself — so cool! It was a dream of mine and Karena’s for ages. These pieces are comfy, they fit great, and they feature bright, fun colors.
- Tone It Up kettlebell: The kettlebell is an awesome tool that we love to integrate into a number of our workouts. We designed our kettlebell so that it can travel easily anywhere (you fill it with water or sand).
- Tone It Up gym bag: I love the bright, fun color of this bag. Karena and I picked it ourselves!
- Tone It Up foam roller: A foam roller can work wonders whenever you’re feeling tight — it breaks up fascia that builds up from muscle repair. It definitely soothes sore muscles!
- Perfect Fit multivitamins: Our multivitamin is designed to support a healthy metabolism and to boost hair, skin, nail, and bone health.
- Perfect Fit Protein Balls: I love experimenting with different recipes. These protein bites are one of my faves! I like to mix it up between protein bites, pancakes, smoothies — the works.
- K&K Sea Salt Texture Spray: We developed our sea salt texture spray as a simple tool you can use to get beautiful beachy waves effortlessly and quickly. I’ve always got a bottle in my gym bag. (It’s great post-workout for that quick turnaround get-ready sesh!)
- Tone It Up socks: These are my comfy, go-to socks.
- Tone It Up Oakley sunglasses: Being based in Southern California, in such a beautiful setting, we spend a lot of time working out outdoors. I love wearing sunnies to protect my eyes from the sun.
- Core water: We challenge our members to drink half their body weight in ounces daily. Keeping hydrated before, during and after your workout is hugely important. I always have water with me!
- Asics sneakers: I’ve worn all kinds of shoes over the years — and I always find myself coming back to Asics.
- Headphones: I love music, and I love dancing. Listening to tunes during my workout gets me pumped up and energized to really push it!
Posted on January 13, 2016, in Wellness Wednesday and tagged #FitDiva, education, empowerment, fun, Health & Wellness, inspiration, Karena Dawn, Katrina Scott, Tone It Up, What’s In My Gym Bag. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.