|Have You Heard the News?
One of the most common questions asked of us is, “When will Red Pump host an event in my city?” We heard you and decided to take our signature educational program,Cupcakes and Condoms, on the road. This fall, we are hosting the free event in ten cities that we have never been to before.
The first two events are taking place in St. Louis, MO (Saturday, August 20th) and inGulfport, MS (Saturday, August 27th). Additional cities include Houston, TX; Richmond, VA; Philadelphia, PA; Little Rock, AR; New York, NY; Los Angeles, CA; New Orleans, LA; and Miami, FL. Details can be found on CupcakesandCondoms.org.
If you’ve never been to Cupcakes and Condoms, here are five things to expect:
1. Desserts. Let’s just get this out of the way. Of course, there will be delicious cupcakes. We are true to our word!
2. Open dialogue about women’s health. Cupcakes and Condoms is a safe space and we want everyone attending to engage in the conversation. We will have a panel of experts talk about everything from HIV/STIs to the importance of testing and ways to overcome stigma.
3. Condom demonstrations. Since our first Cupcakes and Condoms in 2010, we have always opened the event with a female condom demonstration. It is important to us that women always understand and are knowledgeable about options to protect our health.
4. Swag. You won’t leave empty-handed! Whether it is educational information, safe sex kits, or goodie bags, we’ve got something for you to take back home with you.
5. Free HIV testing. Many locations will provide free on-site HIV testing. If not offered in your city, we will be sure to share information on where to find free or low-cost testing in your community. We are proud to champion the importance of #DoingIt.
As always, make sure that you are following us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for up-to-date information on all tour-related news.