National Urban League On TV One
The nation’s leading commentators challenge one another on topics such as job creation, voting rights, and criminal justice reform during the National Urban League’s first-ever national television special: “National Urban League Presents: State of Black America,” premiering May 31, 8pm ET, on TV One.
- Dr. Michael Eric Dyson is a Georgetown University professor and author;
- Attorney Angela Rye is a frequent political commentator on CNN and an NPR political analyst;
- Touré is an American writer, music journalist, cultural critic, and television personality;
- GOP consultant Paris Dennard is an NPR Political Analyst and CNN Political commentator;
- Democratic political strategist Symone Sanders served as national press secretary for presidential candidate Bernie Sanders;
- Journalist Jeff Johnson appears on BET and serves as a national communications consultant;
- GOP strategist Angela Sailor served as director of the Republican National Committee’s Coalitions Department
Moderating the dynamic discussion is Roland Martin, managing editor of TV One’s NewsOne Now. Urban League Young Professionals and Guild chapters are hosting both live and virtual watch parties – check with your local Urban League affiliate for more information. Join the conversation on social media by following @NatUrbanLeague and @TVOneTV and sharing your thoughts using the hashtag #StateofBlackAmerica.